Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sleepless

I wish I could get a good night's sleep
And could get rid of things buried deep.
There's not a single wink I can catch,
And no egg of good dream that'd hatch.
It has been raining all the day,
On the shore of my mind's bay.
Inside me it has raised a tide,
And the demons inside would never hide.
On the quag of my heart they dance,
And I saunter as if in a trance.
On a precarious verge I stand,
There's no one around to understand.
Not a single smile is thrown at me,
And hopes keep crawling down to flee.
I wish there were flowers to see,
Along my lost way towards a glee.
Maybe soon there'll be flowers around,
And my epitaph scribbled beside a mound.
Through my lost memories time'd sweep,
And I shall get the bliss of a dreamless sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment